Thank you for attending the UK Space Conference 2017!
Attended by over 1,200 delegates, the UK Space Conference proved to be an unmissable forum for the UK and international space community, bringing together government, industry, academia, customers, suppliers, education providers, researchers and the financial community.
The two and a half day programme presented a compelling forum to discuss the changing political, economic and technological landscape impacting the UK space industry.
UK Space Conference 2017 – by numbers:
• 1223 industry delegates attended across the 3 days
• 224 speakers
• 28 in-depth parallel sessions
• 5 main plenary sessions
• 20 ‘Space 101’ sessions
• 2,000 members of the public attended the Outreach event ‘Discover Space in Manchester’
• 109 exhibitors
• 580 people attended the Gala Dinner & Sir Arthur Clarke Awards
• 17 million Twitter impressions – the Hashtag #ukspace2017 was among the top-trending UK hashtags during the event
• 95% of delegates rated the event ‘excellent or good’
UK Space Conference 2017 Objectives
The aim of the UK Space Conference 2017 is to be inclusive and forward looking:
• To bring together people and groups from within and outside the space community.
• To exchange visions and ideas for using space, its technology and satellite enabled-services to shape our future.
• To discuss how new knowledge and space-based capabilities can drive social and economic progress into the 2030s and beyond.
Multiple plenary and parallel sessions with informative and interactive presentations, workshops and debates will cover a wide range of topics and using feedback received from the last conference a new Programme Committee is developing an agenda that addresses the most pressing interests of this rapidly changing sector